Paper sample delivered

IMG_5517 IMG_5519

I had a very good look through these books to find out how much of a difference it is by choosing a type of paper. Each paper will give your work a different finish and personally my favourite is the (gloss coated paper- 400gsm). Why? The gloss coating gives it a high end professional finish and the thickness of the paper decreases any chance of the paper being ripped or creased.


Marketing Final show !!!

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 15.30.36

Getting people to come and see your work is important and twitter is one of the best platforms to do it on. I am also being featured in Creative Boom Magazine in the summer which will be great publicity.

Etching of a mill


In this etching is what a cotton mill would have looked like inside. On the left you have your spinner he was the one in charge of keeping the cotton spinners working. He was the only one that would have been paid by the mill. The workers on the right would have been family members of the spinner and would have been paid by them.


Binder—The term commonly used to describe the clear gelatin layer on a traditional wet-processed photograph. The colorants that form the picture in a traditional photo are present in the binder layer during manufacture. The term binder is less applicable to modern photo papers. Instead, the term ink receiver layer is preferred, as inks are applied to the paper surface during printing.

Chromogenic or “C” print—The form of almost all wet-processed, consumer color photographic prints. In this process, the image-forming dyes are created during processing from colorless dye couplers included in the paper during manufacture. See also Wet-processed print.

Cockle—Wavy distortion of a paper due to exposure to water or high humidity.

Dry-time—Time from the moment the image is printed until the ink’s liquid solvent (usually water) has evaporated.

Dye-sublimation print— Also called dye-sub. Technically known as dye diffusion thermal transfer (D2T2), this printing technique uses heat to diffuse dyes from colored donor ribbons onto the print paper. The intensity of the color is controlled by variations in temperature on the printer head. The final step is the application of the clear overcoat to protect the image from handling and atmospheric pollutants.

Direct dye thermal transfer (D2T2) print—See Dye-sublimation print.
Electrophotographic print – A print made by colored toner transferred to paper by electrostatic charges. The charges are created

in the pattern of the image by an intensity modulated laser. The print is then fixed to the paper by heat or pressure or both. Giclée—A high-quality fine art print created with an inkjet printer.
Indigo print—An electrophotographic print made with HP’s Indigo liquid-toner, digital press.
Inkjet print—A print made by tiny droplets of ink which are jetted onto the paper’s surface. See also Giclee.

Ink receiver layer—See Binder.
Kiosk (photo)—A self-serve station in retail outlets that permits customers to order prints from digital files or from prints via a

built-in scanner.
Laser print—See Electrophotographic print.

Photo book—A collection of photographs bound together in book form. This is different from a photo album where loose photos are attached to or inserted into already bound blank pages.

Plain paper—Typical office copier paper.
Porous print media—Inkjet printing papers in which the ink receiving layer is formed by minerals (silicas or aluminas) bound by

polymers to create microscopic pores to absorb printer ink.

Resin-coated paper (RC paper)—A paper that has been coated with polyethylene film on both sides to keep the sheet flat and reduce wash times during wet processing. Many modern inkjet photos use resin-coated papers to recreate the look and feel of traditional wet-processed photographic prints.

Sizing—A natural or synthetic substance added to the paper pulp or to the surface of the paper sheet to impart water resistance and a smooth surface for writing.

Swellable print media—Inkjet printing papers in which the receiving layer is a moisture-sensitive polymer. The polymer swells in contact with water-based ink and absorbs the dye droplets. This provides the dyes with some protection from air pollutants or abrasion.

Thermal print—See Dye-sublimation print.
Toner—Dry or liquid coloring substance used in laser printers, photocopiers, and digital presses.

Wet-processed print—A photographic print processed by a liquid chemical procedure to amplify and fix the latent image on a light-sensitive paper.

Xerography—See Electrophotographic print.